The 2019 World 3D Championship will likely be held in Lac La Biche, AB at the end of August.
2. Number of Competitors
The maximum number of archers that Canada is allowed to send to the 2019 World 3D Championship is:
• 3 Compound Men
• 3 Compound Women
• 3 Longbow Men
• 3 Longbow Women
• 3 Instinctive Men
• 3 Instinctive Women
• 3 Barebow Men
• 3 Barebow Women
To be eligible to be on the Canadian team for the 2019 3D World Championship, archers must meet the following criteria by the Archery Canada Outdoor 3D Championships the year prior to the 2019 World 3D Championship.
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Be eligible to compete for Canada under Archery Canada and World Archery rules (World Archery/Archery Canada Rule Book 2.4).
• Be members in good standing of Archery Canada.
• Have registered for Team Selection with Archery Canada - application form.
4. Team Selection Process
Archers will be selected by:
The total score achieved at the 2018 Outdoor 3D Nationals in Nova Scotia combined with the total score achieved at the 2019 Outdoor 3D Nationals in Saskatchewan.
The appropriate number of archers, including alternates in each category, will be selected from the Team Selection List, starting with the archer who placed first and working down the list in order of their averages from highest to lowest.
Only archers, who have registered for Team Selection with the Archery Canada VP 3D HP will be included on the Team Selection List and considered for selection to the 2019 World 3D Championship Team.
5. Registration Process for Team Selection
• Email the Archery Canada VP 3D HP that you wish to register for the 2019 World 3D Championship prior January 1, 2018.
• Include your name, address, email address, phone number, birth date, category, and whether you shoot right handed or left handed. Birth date and "Handedness" is required in the World Archery registration system.
• A list of archers who have registered and their scores will be posted on the Archery Canada website in the High Performance / Canadian Teams section.
If all the available archer positions are not filled by the Archery Canada 3D Outdoor Championship in 2019, an archer who did not meet the criteria may apply for special consideration to the Archery Canada VP 3D HP to fill a vacant spot.
6. Team Organization
There will be one team from an organizational perspective. The Team Leader will be appointed by Archery Canada by the end of the National 3D Committee meeting the year prior to the 2019 World 3D Championship. Archery Canada is responsible for entering the archers in the 2019 World 3D Championship and for making hotel reservations for the Team.
8. Tournament Registration and Accommodation
Registration for the 2019 World 3D Championship must be done by Archery Canada.
Accommodation for Team members will be booked by Archery Canada. Details will be given as soon as they are available including all costs.
9. Athlete Agreement.
All archers and alternates named to the 2019 3D World Championship Team will be required to sign the Archery Canada Athlete Agreement.
10. Removal from the Team
a) If an archer named to the Team cannot attend the 2019 3D World Championship, for any reason, and withdraws from the Team, the designated alternate will be substituted for that archer and a new alternate selected from the Team Selection List.
b) If an archer named to the 3D World Team fails to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Archery Canada Athlete Agreement, he/she may be removed from the Team, and the designated alternate will be substituted for that archer. This decision will be made by the Chair of the 3D Committee (VP 3D Programs), the VP International and a third person chosen by the Chair of the 3D Committee, in consultation with the Team Leader for the 2019 3D World Championship and the archer. If removal of the nominated archer from the Team is deemed to be warranted, the designated alternate will be named to the Team and the next archer on the Team Selection Ranking List will be named as the alternate.
c) The process in 10b above will be implemented by filing a complaint under the Archery Canada complaint policy.
11. Disputes, Discipline, Complaints or Appeals
a) The Chair of the Archery Canada 3D Committee or his/her designate will settle any disputes concerning eligibility for Team selection.
b) Concerns surrounding this Team Selection document are to be made to the Chair of the 3D Committee via the Archery Canada national office.
c) Challenges regarding the implementation of this Team Selection document will be settled using Archery Canada's Appeal Policy.
d) If an archer named to the World 3D Championships Team fails to adhere to the terms and conditions of the Archery Canada Athlete Agreement, the Archery Canada Discipline Policy may be implemented.
e) All discipline, complaints and/or appeals filed under Archery Canada's Discipline, Complaint or Appeal Policies and including appeals to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre, must be settled 30 days prior to the event.
12. If there are differences between the English and French versions of this document, the English version will take precedence.
13. The Archery Canada 3D Committee reserves the right to make changes to this document, which in its discretion are necessary to ensure selection of the best teams possible for the 2019 World 3D Championship. Any changes to this document shall be immediately communicated to all Archery Canada members with a special edition of the Archery Canada News (electronic newsletter published on the Archery Canada website).
14. In the event of unforeseen or unusual circumstances, as determined by the Archery Canada 3D Committee, the Archery Canada 3D Committee shall have the full discretion to resolve the matter as it sees fit taking into account factors and circumstances that it deems relevant. Any such exercise of discretion shall be subject to the Canadian administrative law principles of fairness.