2022 3D Indoor Championships, Archery Canada Seeking Host Club
Hosting application for the 2022 3D Indoor Championships
Archery Canada is seeking host clubs who are interested and capable of hosting the annual 3D Indoor Championships in 2022, with flexibility to host or alternate hosting for multiple years. Requirements are outlined below. Archery Canada will work with the selected Host Club(s) to manage registration for this event.
What is the 3D Indoor Championship?
The Canadian 3D Indoor Championships are normally held over a weekend in Mid-March to End of April (April being the preferred month). The Canadian 3D Indoor Championship is an annual event that brings the 3D Targets indoors, with the use of varying distances and various foliage to add to the complexity of the course.
The main objectives of the 3D Indoor Championships are:
- To act as a mechanism for the declaration of Canadian Champions
- To promote and increase visibility of Archery in Canada
- To serve as a celebration of the sport of Archery and its community
The Canadian 3D Indoor Championships consists of 3 rounds of 26 targets, with a final Grand Prix event, following the completion of all three rounds. The top eight (8) from the following categories will qualify to shoot in the Grand Prix:
The top five (5) from the following category will qualify to shoot in the Grand Prix:
- Known 50
The Canadian 3D Indoor Championships will be open to the following Age & Equipment Classes:
- Master 60
- Master 50
- Master 50
- Unlimited (Senior Class only)
- Hunter (Senior Class only)
- Known 50 (Senior Class only)
- Fixed Pins (Senior Class only)
- Barebow (Senior Class only)
- Longbow (Senior Class only)
- Instinctive (Senior Class only)
The venue should be able to accommodate, at a minimum, (2) 24 target courses, that can accommodate short and long distances, up to a maximum of 50 yards.
The rules and guidelines for Field of Play set up are to follow those set out in the Archery Canada Rule Book 2 Section AC 4.5
The selected hosts should anticipate the following hosting fees:
- $250 Host Sanctioning Fee + $15.00 per archer from the registration fees to be paid to Archery Canada through the National Registration System (to be implemented in late 2020).
- Complimentary tickets to social events for National Judges officiating the event
Archery Canada has set the following fees for the Canadain 3D Indoor Championship, from which the $15 per archer fee will be retained by Archery Canada:
- Registration Fees (closes a week prior):
- Master, & Senior Categories: $105
- Junior & Cadet Categories: $95
- Pre-Cub and Cub: $70
Note: The Host Organizing Committee may request a reasonable adjustment to registration fees up to the publication of the fee’s on the event website or National Registration system.
This schedule is subject to change, and will be finalized once registration closes.
|1 – Friday||1:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Official Practice and Equipment Inspection|
|2 – Saturday||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||Round 1|
|1:00pm – 6:00 pm||Round 2|
|3 – Sunday|
|10:00 am – 4:00 pm||Shoot-Up|
Archery Canada will provide:
- Appointment of Technical Delegate for each Championship
- Travel, accommodation and per diem expenses for up to (4) National Judges and the Technical Delegate for each Event, supported by Sport Canada. Where possible, host hotel(s) should include a negotiated accommodation for judge rooms to offset expenses.
- Signage: AC Sponsorship signage, First aid flag, Equipment Inspection Flag, Registration Flag, True Sport Banners
- Access to National Championship website and National registration system
- Access to the benefits of national sponsors where available and applicable
- Preferred hotel chain rates based on current Archery Canada partners
- Translation of all necessary materials
- Scales and Chronometer for use by Officials
- Assistance with grant application preparation
- 3D Indoor Championship medals
Applications must be submitted electronically by Friday Nov. 6th 2020 to Archery Canada. Applications should include the following:
- Completed Bid Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgwe6Ja5qnr-8u4mbmZNuL5OG_xU-cQ-5GJW8Cmw2u-q_7QQ/viewform
- Letter of support from PTSO
The application will provide details on the Organizing Committee, venue information, hotel information, and possible funding that can be secured
All bids will be received by the program coordinator, and reviewed by the Archery Canada Events Committee.
If interested, or have any specific questions, please contact the Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org