Archery Canada seeking bids for 2020 Canada Cup East & West
Hosting Application for 2020 Canada Cup West & East
Archery Canada is looking to hold, and expand the 2020 Canada Cup competition, with the introduction of the Canada Cup West (BC, AB, SK,MB + Territories) & Canada Cup East (ON, QC, NB. NS. PE,NL).
Archery Canada is seeking (2) host clubs who are interested and capable to host the annual outdoor target event. Requirements are outlined below. Archery Canada will work with the Host Clubs to manage registration for this event.
What is the Canada Cup?
Canada Cups are annual events that run over a 4 day period. Archery Canada will seek hosts for each of the East and West Cups for a two-year or three-year agreement. Western or Eastern host Provinces can work with another to alternate over the course of the agreement, which provides a year to prepare in between, while reducing hosting costs through amortization over multiple years. Bids are requested a minimum two years in advance of the Cup.
The main objectives of the Canada Cups are as follows:
- To promote and increase regional competition for Archery in Canada
- To serve as a celebration of the sport of Archery and its community
To provide an athlete centered environment that enables competitive personal best performances
- To potentially serve as one of the recognized criteria for:
- International event selection
- Athlete and coach identification
Both the Canada Cup East and West will consist of One (1) 720 Target qualification round, Individual Match Play, and Mixed Team Match Play. The 720 Qualification round will be used to determine the archers qualifying positions for Individual Elimination Matchplay, as well, as their team assignments for the Team Match Play.
The Canada Cup will be open to the following Age and Equipment Classes:
- Recurve Men and Women – Cadet to Master Age Classes
- Compound Men and Women – Cadet to Master Age Classes
- Barebow Men and Women – Cadet to Senior Age Classes
The outdoor venue should be set up as per Archery Canada & World Archery rules, ideally oriented north and able to accommodate a minimum of 30 buttresses to be used in competition and on the Practice Field.
The rules and guidelines for Field of Play Set Up are to follow those set out in the Archery Canada Rule Book 2, Chapter 7
The hosts should anticipate the following hosting fees:
- Accommodation for (2) National Judges, based on double occupancy
- $250 Host Sanctioning fee + $10 per archer from the registration fees, to be paid to Archery Canada
The event outline provides proposed participant fees. Should you need to propose alternate fees please indicate in the bid application under other financial considerations.
Archery Canada has set the following fees for the Canada Cups, from which the $10 per archer fee will be retained by Archery Canada:
- Early Registration (ends 5 weeks prior): $90 + $20 for the optional 720
- Regular Registration (closes 2 weeks prior): $100 + $20 for the optional 720
- Coach Credentials: $15
Preliminary Schedule (This schedule is subject to change, and will be finalized once registration closes)
The Canada Cups are to be organized annually in the late spring (held between the long weekend of May and the third weekend of June)
|12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Open Practice & Equipment Inspection|
|1 – Friday||8:00 AM – 12:00pm||
Official Practice and Equipment Inspection
|1:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Official Practice and Equipment Inspection
Optional 720 Round*
|2 – Saturday||8:00 am – 12:00 pm||
Qualification Rounds for Recurve, Compound, Barebow
|1:00pm – 6:00 pm||Match Play|
3 – Sunday
|8:00 am – 12:00 pm||Mixed Team Match Play|
|1:00 pm – 6:00 pm||
|4 – Monday||
*Optional 720 Round scores will not be used in official ranking for the Canada Cup tournament. Scores can be submitted/inputted into I@nseo for ranking as a separate event.
Archery Canada will Provide:
- Appointment of Technical Delegate for each Canada Cup
- Travel and expenses for 2 National Judges and the Technical Delegate for each Event, supported by Sport Canada. Where possible host hotel should include a negotiated accommodation for judge rooms to offset expenses.
- Signage: AC Sponsorship signage, First Aid flag, Equipment Inspection flag, registration flag, True Sport Banners.
- Access to benefits of national sponsors where available/applicable
- Preferred hotel chain rates based on current Archery Canada partners.
- Translation of all necessary materials
- Waterproof branded Scorecards
- Scales and Chronometer for use by Officials
- Assistance with grant application preparation
- Access to supplier for AC Canada Cup Medals
Applications must be submitted electronically by December 18th, 2019 (5 pm EST) to Archery Canada and include the following:
- Completed Bid Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoZmJdOnatXpCWO2e5Ek08JvBFjKqT6icw7OvPAHy9_FQrgg/viewform
- Letter of support from PTSO
The application will provide details on the Organizing Committee, venue information, hotel information, and possible funding that could be secured.
All bids will be received by the Program Coordinator, Kylah Cawley, and reviewed by the Events Committee.
If interested, and have any questions, please contact Kylah at firstname.lastname@example.org