Archery Canada Seeks Indoor Training Environment in lead up to the Tokyo 2021 Olympic Games and beyond
Due to the unprecedented circumstances of COVID-19 and the postponement of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics to 2021, Archery Canada is in urgent need of an indoor training facility in Southwestern Ontario.
Archery Canada is looking specifically for an environment within which to train its national team, over the fall and winter, in the lead up to the final stages of Olympic qualification and beyond.
Although there is an immediate need for a short-term solution (9 months), Archery Canada is interested in finding a suitable permanent home for its National Team and Development programs, to benefit archers from all target archery programs and its paralympic program. The financial resources available to us to develop permanent facilities are modest, so the opportunity to seek partnerships would be of great interest to ensure sustainability of such a project beyond the immediate short-term needs.
An ideal location would be on the west side of the GTA, ideally along the 401 corridor. Locations as far west at Milton and north as Brampton would be optimal. Easy access via major highways is preferred, as is proximity to public transit. Options across the entire GTA would be considered.
Archers would train up to the Olympic distance of 70m, which forms the basis of the minimum size requirements.
Minimum Length 81m (265 ft)
Minimum Height 6m (20 ft)
Minimum Width 18m (60ft)
- Hot and Cold running water
- HVAC throughout
- Even floor surface, preferably with minimal central support posts throughout
- Washroom facilities
- Accessible for persons with a disability
- Access from 7am – 10pm, November through April
- Range space must be fully secured to prevent down range access
- Interior lighting at approximately 330 lux and ideally with flush mounted fixtures
- Internet and Wi-Fi capability
- Sufficient Parking (8 vehicles) with exterior lighting
Additional Items not required but preferred
- Board Room/Office space
- Additional space for storage, physical training, etc.
- Washroom facilities with shower