November 15, 2023READ MORE
Call for Applications for Team Staff for the 2024 3D World Championships
October 24, 2023
Archery Canada is now accepting applications from interested and qualified individuals who would be available to act as a Team Manager and/or Team Coach for the 3D National Team attending the 3D World Championships. All applicants will be considered, based not only on experience, but also from the perspective of the development of Canadian archery.
MOKRICE 2024 WORLD ARCHERY 3D CHAMPIONSHIPS
30 Sep to 6 Oct 2024
Up to two (2) individuals may be selected as team staff.
To be eligible for nomination to a Team Staff Position, all applicants must:
• Must be over the age of 18 and have experience in international travel and working with a large group of people
• Meet the requirements of Archery Canada background screening policy and submit a current screening disclosure form.
• Must be an Archery Canada registrant in good standing and reside in Canada.
• Be willing to sign an Archery Canada Team Staff Agreement and adhere to Archery Canada’s policies as published at https://archerycanada.ca/about-us/policies/
• Possess a passport that is valid for at least six months after the conclusion of the international event for which they are applying or selected.
Role of the Team Manager/Team Coach
The Team Manager and/or Team Coach will aid Archery Canada in the organization and leadership of the 2024 3D World Championship team. This role may require you to act as the main liaison between the athletes, Archery Canada, the Host Organizing Committee and World Archery. Team coaches will assist the team in tactics and will assist in the delivery of the team training camp.
Team staff duties include, but are not limited to, leading team meetings pre-event and during, informing athletes of the event schedule, and any changes, handling on the ground logistics, and continuous communication with Archery Canada staff.
There are a number of mandatory meetings and a training camp that the Coach and Team Manager must attend in support of the athletes who will travel to Slovenia. The camp will take place in New Brunswick prior to the Canadian Championships.
This is a volunteer position that will require some weekend and evening work for meetings and communications as well as travel for the period of the World Championships.
There are several training modules that may need to be completed as part of the role.
Archery Canada will evaluate all applicants based off the following criteria:
- Experience – Archery Canada will be looking at previous experience managing groups. It does not need to necessarily be Archery Groups, but we are looking for individual(s) who have time management skills, organizational skills, and strong communication skills, to ensure the appropriate information is conveyed to the team.
- Bilingualism – The team staff, and selected archers, will be provided the opportunity to communicate in their language of choice. While being bilingual is not a requirement, it will be considered an asset in reviewing the applicants.
- Goals – Archery Canada is interested in your goals as Team Staff for this event, and how you may help this team achieve their personal goals at this event.
- Screening – Applicants will be asked to complete an E-PIC and submit references, and potentially other police screens (Vulnerable Sector Check), as per the Archery Canada Screening policy, found at: https://archerycanada.ca/en/administration/policies
- Coaching Experience – Many of the selected archers will have their own personal coach outside of this event. These coaches will not have accreditation, and thus not have access to the Field of Play. A Team Coach will provide assistance and tactical advice as needed and will assist with team management on site.
Team Staff Expenses
Archery Canada will cover any expenses for the team staff in regards to logistical items, such as accommodation, travel and registration fees, for this event.
The Selection Approval panel, consisting of: TBD – 1 Neutral Party, 1 3D Committee Member, 1 Archery Canada Board Member will review all applications and nominate the Team Manager and team coach/support to be approved. Once approved, the Team Staff will be notified and asked to accept the position. Following this, all applicants will be notified in December 2023.
All interested applicants must complete the application form below by November 24th 2023
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest news updates, tournaments, programs, services and discounts.