Call for Applications of Coaches and/or Team Managers for the 2020 Recurve National Team
Archery Canada is soliciting for Coaches and Team Managers (staff) to travel with and assist Recurve Teams throughout the 2020 season. Coaches and Team Managers will be selected from the applicants and may be selected for one or multiple events.
|2020 Event||Location||Teams in Attendance||Date||Positions sought|
|Spring Training Camp||Gainesville, Florida||Recurve National Team and National Training Squad||January TBD||Coach & Team Manager|
|International Training Camp||Chula Vista, California||National Team||Feb. 10-18||Team Manager|
|Championships of the Americas||Monterrey, Mexico||National Team||March 20-30||Coach and/or Team Manager|
|World Cup #1||Guatemala City, Guatemala||National Team||April 17-26||TBD*|
|World Cup # 2||Shanghai, China||National Team||May 3-9th||TBD*|
|World Cup #3||Berlin, Germany||National Team||June 19-28||TBD*|
*TBD: Interested parties should apply although the makeup of the staffing team has not yet been finalized
- Must declare interest by January 1st, 2020
- Must be a current member in good standing of the Coaches Association of Canada (not required for Team Managers);
- For coach applicants, all applicants must be NCCP Trained/Certified
- If applying for a World Archery Event, the coach should be, at minimum, Comp-Dev Trained, working towards certification
- If applying for a training camp, the coach should have achieved, at a minimum, Instruction of Intermediate Archers Certified.
- Must sign the Archery Canada Staff Agreement, if selected for an event
- Must have a passport valid for up to 6 months after the national team event
All applicants, coaches or managers, must have a current or complete a screening procedure, as per the Archery Canada Screening Policy (https://archerycanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Archery-Canada-Screening-Policy-EN.pdf)
If not already completed, complete the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Training (https://archerycanada.ca/programs/safe-sport/)
Note: Some provinces have this training mandated already through their Provincial or Territorial organization, either through Respect Group, or Sport Aide. Therefore, If previously completed, please submit your completion certificate alongside your application.
Interested applicants should apply to Archery Canada, through the Google Form, linked below. Additionally, please forward an appropriate resume to Archery Canada’s Program Coordinator, Kylah Cawley, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be selected based on:
- Their ability to have a positive impact on the performance of the team.
- Past and ongoing involvement with members of the team.
- The appropriateness of the event to the development stage of the coach.
The National Recurve Coach will be responsible for selecting all staff for National and National Training Squad teams. The Systems Pathway Coach will be responsible for selecting staff for Development and Identification Squad events.
In the event an appropriate candidate has not applied for an event, the National Recurve Coach and the System Pathway Coach may solicit staff from outside the applicant pool.