Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We have set up this page for our registered participants in an effort to compile important information concerning the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Archery Canada and its Member Associations regard the health, safety and well-being of our participants (archers, coaches, officials and volunteers) as our highest priority. The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is rapidly evolving and we want to urge all to heed the most recent public health guidelines in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19. Together we can all do our part.
Additional related updates:
- The 2020 Canadian 3D Archery Championships have been cancelled. No alternate date has been identified at this time, and it is highly likely the event will not take place in 2020.
- All World Archery international events have been cancelled until April 30
- At this time all planned training camps and international events for the national team have been cancelled until restrictions can be lifted.
- Archery Canada staff members are working from home effective March 16th, and can be reached by email only.
- Archery Canada applauds the decision of the Provincial and Territorial Members in their measures to postpone or cancel events, as directed by their local health authorities.
Recent News Updates from Archery Canada
Sport Medicine Advisory Committee Updates
These joint messages are from the Own the Podium led Sport Medicine Advisory Committee comprised of Chief Medical Officers from the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee, and the Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN). They are meant to guide National Sporting Organizations (NSOs) in decision-making with respect to travel to competitions within and outside Canada. Information has been obtained from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada and Australian Institute of Sports websites. Other references are listed in this document.