Call for Applications of Coaches and/or Team Managers for the Development & Identification (Dev/ID) Team
Archery Canada is soliciting for Coaches and Team Managers (staff) to travel with and assist Recurve Teams throughout the 2020 season. Coaches and Team Managers will be selected from the applicants and may be selected for one or multiple events.
Please note: This Dev/ID tournament list is tentative until 2020 budgets are known. Dev/ID athletes will not attend all the listed events and staff make-up will be determined once budgets are finalized. Dates do not include travel. The Dev/ID team, will attend, at maximum, 3 events in the 2020 season. The total number of events will be determined on budgets, and/or if athletes are eligible to compete at the events.
|2020 Event||Location||Teams in Attendance||Date||Positions sought|
|Gator Cup||Gainesville, Florida||Dev and/or ID Team||May 22 – 24||TBD*|
|WRE (World Ranking Event) & Youth Pan Am Games Qualifier||Medellin, Colombia||Dev and/or ID Team||June 1 – 7||TBD*|
|Chula Vista, California||Dev and/or ID Team||June 12 – 14||TBD*|
|JOAD Championship||Decatur, Alabama||Dev and/or ID Team||July 15 – 19||TBD*|
|Dublin, Ohio||Dev and/or ID Team||Sept TBD||TBD*|
|Event in England or Europe||Lilleshall, England
|Dev and/or ID Team||July TBD||TBD*|
*TBD: Interested parties should apply although the makeup of the staffing team has not yet been finalized
- Must declare interest by March 1st 2020
- Must be a current member in good standing of Archery Canada and the Coaches Association of Canada (CAC not required for Team Managers);
- For coach applicants, all applicants must be NCCP Trained/Certified
- If applying for Dev / ID events, the coach should have achieved, at a minimum, Instructor of Intermediate Archers Certified.
- Must sign the Archery Canada Staff Agreement, if selected for an event
- Must have a passport valid for up to 6 months after the team event
All applicants, coaches or managers, must have a current or complete a screening procedure, as per the Archery Canada Screening Policy (https://archerycanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Archery-Canada-Screening-Policy-EN.pdf)
If not already completed, complete the Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders Training (https://archerycanada.ca/programs/safe-sport/)
Note: If previously completed, please submit your completion certificate alongside your application.
Interested applicants should apply to Archery Canada, through the Google Form, linked below. Additionally, please forward an appropriate resume to Archery Canada’s Program Coordinator, Kylah Cawley, email@example.com.
Candidates will be selected based on:
- Their ability to have a positive impact on the performance of the team.
- Past and ongoing involvement with members of the team.
- The appropriateness of the event to the development stage of the coach.
The System Pathway Coach will be responsible for selecting staff for Development and Identification Squad events.
In the event an appropriate candidate has not applied for an event, the System Pathway Coach may solicit staff from outside the applicant pool.