Now Hiring: Communications and Safe Sport Coordinator
About the Organization
Archery Canada is the National Sport Organization responsible for the promotion and development of the sport of archery in a safe and ethical manner. Archery Canada supports the achievement of high performance excellence in archery in all categories and the development of a national archery infrastructure to promote archery participation across Canada in cooperation with our Members, the Provincial/Territorial Archery Associations.
Nature and Scope of Position
The Communications and Safe Sport Coordinator (CSSC) is responsible for the implementation of Archery Canada’s communication and marketing strategy, coordination of Safe Sport administration, and ensure the
effective delivery of member services. The successful candidate will understand that attention to detail, multitasking in a dynamic environment and the ability to work with staff and volunteers are critical to the day-to-day operations of an effective national sport organization. The CSSC reports to the Executive Director. Bilingualism (English/French) is required; written and spoken. This role is made possible with the financial support of Sport Canada.
- Support the Executive Director in developing and implementing Archery Canada’s Safe Sport Policies and Processes
- Provide support to provincial and territorial associations to support the achievement of their Safe Sport plan
- Oversee Archery Canada’s membership registration system including the development and implementation of integrated partnerships
- Liaise with the CAC and The Respect Group to establish and coordinate online education (abuse, harassment, discrimination);
- Deliver member services including registrant tracking, processing insurance related requests and developing member/registrant communications
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Committee on strategies to promote the sport and the programs of Archery Canada and its members
- Create, implement and evaluate communication strategies and plans that align with Archery Canada’s strategic plan ensuring content is creative, relevant, current, reflects diversity and inclusion, and
is available in both official languages.
- Develop and distribute press releases on behalf of Archery Canada
- Oversee and generate content for the Archery Canada newsletters, website, and all social and digital media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Organize special promotional and fundraising activities, online merchandising and the annual online auction
- Coordinate and lead promotion for national and international events such as the Canadian Championships Series and national team events
- Assist the LOCs of domestic events in the set up and management of the Canadian Championships websites
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Ability to work in both English and French is essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Proven communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- A sport philosophy that supports the Archery Canada values, policies and practices
- Strong technical knowledge in social media platforms
- Enjoys working with stakeholders as part of a team of co-workers and volunteers
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience in marketing and promotional activities
- Background, passion for and/or experience in sport (archery specific experience deemed an asset)
- Post secondary education in marketing, business, sport or recreation administration an asset
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter by April 30, 2021 via email to Karl Balisch, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.