January 26, 2023READ MORE
Canadian recurve and barebow archers named for Pan American Championships
October 03, 2022
SANTIAGO, CL – Archery Canada is happy to announce the first half of the team that will be competing at the Pan American Championships in Santiago, Chile, which will also serve as the location for the 2023 Pan Am Games. Eight recurve athletes and 3 barebow athletes will represent Canada at the event. The compound and para teams are being finalized and will be announced shortly.
With the recent inclusion of the barebow category in target events, Canada is sending three archers. The athletes submitted their intent and were then selected to the team after they submitted qualifying scores. The team heading to Chile is made up of:
- Angela Foley (BC)
- Brooke Daigle (ON)
- Lora-Lee Murray (BC)
The recurve archers were chosen through a selection camp, which included a 720 round as well as match and team simulations.The 8 athletes going to Santiago are:
- Andrew Azores (ON)
- Brian Maxwell (BC)
- Devaang Gupta (ON)
- Eleanor Brug (BC)
- Eric Peters (ON)
- Natalee Chan (ON)
- Stephanie Barrett (ON)
- Virginie Chénier (QC)
Kylah Cawley will be attending the event as overall team manager. The recurve staff heading to the competition are Shawn Riggs and Soha Mahmoud.
The Pan American Championships pulls together archers from North America, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. This event will provide the largest number of spots available to be earned for the 2023 Pan and Parapan Am Games. Those Games will then serve as an important qualifier for the Olympics and Paralympics in Paris in 2024.
- Saturday, November 19: Arrivals
- Sunday, November 20: Arrivals and free practice
- Monday, November 21: Official practice
- Tuesday, November 22: Qualification round (all categories)
- Wednesday, November 23: Team elimination and finals
- Thursday, November 24: Individual eliminations to semifinals
- Friday, November 25: Pan Am Games individual qualifier
- Saturday, November 26: Mixed team elimination to semifinals
- Sunday, November 27: Individual and mixed team medal finals
For more information, please contact:
Zoe Meil, Communications & Safe Sport Coordinator
(613) 260-2113 ext. 3
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive the latest news updates, tournaments, programs, services and discounts.